What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Monday, February 22, 2010

The Steady and Unceasing Wind

Life. New beginnings. Entries into the world. Longing. Heartbreak. Fresh adventures. Perplexities. Trials. New relationships. Old relationships taking on different meanings. Ideas.
Change.

As long as I can remember my life has remained relatively the same. Small events have happened, but never seemed to interrupt the flow of life for me. I can count on one hand the biggest occasions of my existence. At times it seems to me as though the lives of the people around me change and I am a mere spectator effected in very little degrees. Would I have it otherwise? Sometimes I think so.
Then it occurs to me that there is a change happening in my own life. It is the steady and gradual change that effects my entire existence. The change that is taking place in my heart.

We often fear change. Sometimes we welcome it as an old friend or an exciting adventure. Whatever the change and wherever the change, whether it is directly ours or someone else's, we must embrace it, so long as it is of the Lord. Knowing that in each change, drastic or small, God is seeking to mold us into a greater example of Jesus.
With this in mind, would I seek to stop the change around me or order and direct it to suit my own pleasure? 
I think not.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Thanks Amanda. That was a great post.