What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Monday, September 26, 2011

Caged Freedom


A little bird I am,
Shut from the fields of air;
Yet in my cage I sit and sing
To Him who placed me there;
Well pleased a prisoner to be,
Because, my God, it pleaseth Thee.

Not have I else to do;
I sing the whole day long;
And He whom most I love to please,
Doth listen to my song;
He caught and bound my wandering wing
But still He bends to hear me sing.

My cage confines me round;
Abroad I cannot fly;
But though my wing is closely bound,
My heart's at liberty.
My prison walls cannot control
The flight, the freedom of the soul.

Ah; it is good to soar
These bolts and bars above,
To Him whose purpose I adore,
Who's Providence I love;
And in Thy mighty will to find
The joy, the freedom of the mind.

~ Madame Guyon
taken from The Sovereignty of God by A.W.Pink

1 comment:

Jenna said...

excellent! I really need to read that book!