What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Up To Camp

Last year, my uncle Rob bought this beautiful camp on Sebec Lake. It's on it's own little peninsula with a beautiful view of tree covered hills and the vast blue sky on a clear summer day! Needless to say, we enjoy our visits there during the summer.
There's plenty to keep us busy. Four-wheeling, for instance. I prefer to let others drive while I ride.
Tubing is one of our favorite Sebec Lake adventures. Here's my cousin Kristy, who is a tubing pro!
Ethan found a little friend! She was floating away from the shore and cried, "help! Bring me back!" And he went and rescued this damsel in distress!!
Michelle, a family friend, tried and tried to get her standard poodle, Champagne, into the water, but she just wouldn't go. Finally we coaxed her into the Kayak- as you can see she's quite enjoying herself- she even put on a pair of sunglasses for the ride!
There's my "little" cousin Renee (she's going to be a freshman in High School this year!!) sporting her oh, so cool sunglasses. My uncle calls her "Hollywoooooood" when she wears them.


Here's Josiah, ready for a nice, relaxing ride. Little did he know how my uncle despises Yankee fans....
............and therefore, gave him a run for his money, resulting in........
.... an entertaining flip!!

Here's Kayla, the unexpecting, Yankee fan #2. She was a little more prepared than her fiance.


She held on for dear life as Uncle Rob took her for a wild ride.
But alas, she didn't hold on long enough and joined 'Siah as the only two people to get flipped that day, much to our amusement!!!
Here's a view of the camp. Doesn't it look so quaint, peaceful and perfect for a retreat!
Mom got back on the skis after 5 or 6 years of dormancy in that area. She did great!




These two pictures are the views from the front porch. Isn't it gorgeous?

I like this picture of me and Renee. I so enjoy spending time with my cousins- they are extra special!

This is how we all feel after a busy day in the sun at Stumble Inn (the name of the camp)! I hope you felt a little rested and refreshed looking at these pictures!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like that picture of you and your cousin, Renee, too. Is it just me, or does Renee look quite a bit like you and Kayla?

That picture of Ethan and the little girl is sooo cute! :D

Anonymous said...

those are some wonderful pix. i can definatly understand ur uncle tipping them like that because i don't like the yanks as you well know. i hope kayla and josiah are have a nice time together there.

Anonymous said...

Ethan's lips are blue. Is he okay?!!

Miss you already! Love you!
tt