What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Friday, August 12, 2011

A Step Back

Benjamin Franklin once said, "Waste neither time nor money, but make the best use of both." This is something I do poorly. I tend to be governed by time, rather than view it as something of which I am steward. It occurs to me that every moment is one that will not be gained back, but will could toward eternity for either good or evil.
There are certain little "fox holes" that I fall into regarding time. I tend to use it selfishly and carelessly, as if I had an endless supply of it. But the truth is, I don't. None of us do. So sitting in front of a movie or the computer or any other manner of entertainment that depletes more time than it should is not a wise choice.
So, I've decided to take a step back, or away, from the computer for awhile (not sure how long) in an effort to take better care of the time that belongs to God, not myself. I've pre-posted (scheduled) a couple of blog posts and will be checking facebook only to get updates concerning my friend Megan. Other than that, the world wide web is to be lost to me, for a time. So, perhaps I'll see you in the real world! ; )

Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.
Ephesians 5:15-16

No comments: