What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Days fly by


It seems like just yesterday I started this blog. It seems like just yesterday we had our first snow. It seems like just yesterday we moved. It seems like just yesterday my sister started courting Josiah.


It amazes me how fast the days fly by. Each day is filled with good things, but where does the time go? And is it really used in the best possible way? I find myself, often, just busying myself with purposeless little tasks- time robbers. When I have energy I should be doing the things that require the most mental and physical work. Priorities. That's what it is. Where do my priorities lie? Shouldn't I start each day asking God what He would have me to do; what are His priorities for me?


Anyway, that was just a thought.


Life, right now, is filled with wedding planning and suprise making. I am in charge of organizing and designing the decorations for the reception hall as well as several other "maid of honor" duties like a shower, bachelorette party and various other things that will keep the bride stress-free and give her the time to enjoy this process and wonderful event! A friend and I are working on a super secret project for the reception, which I am very excited about. I'm also making a quilt for the young'uns. Busy, busy,busy.


I was thinking about relating to people yesterday and a thought crossed my mind: Isn't disliking someone a selfish thing? If we think about the reasons we don't like them, they usually end up relating to how they treat us. She is just a know-it-all or she's rude and blunt or she's boring. The root of all of those comments is self- she makes me feel stupid, she doesn't treat me the way that I wanted to be treated or she doesn't keep me engaged in conversation. I don't know. Maybe that was obvious to you all, but it finally became clear in this girl's cloudy brain!


So those were some random ramblings. I hope you are all enjoying this wintery weather!

No comments: