What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Monday, February 4, 2008

Monday Meditations


I was looking up verses for a Bible study on time management/stewardship the other day and I came across this verse:

Let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us,
And establish the work of our hands for us;
Yes, establish the work of our hands.
~ Psalm 90:17

This is the last verse in a Psalm of prayer to the LORD. As I read it, I began to hum a little tune to myself and then sang the words with the tune. Now I have it memorized! God's beauty rests upon His children and it is in His strength that our works and strivings during the day are accomplished. I plan on praying this prayer daily this week. How about you?

May our beautiful Lord Jesus establish the work of your hands today!

No comments: