What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Monday Meditations


I know it's not Monday, but I wanted to fit this in before the week was over!

So teach us to number our days,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
~ Psalm 90:12


I love this verse. It is an especially important one for me to memorize as I am not the best steward of the time that God has given me. I tend to waste time by surfing the web for no reason at all. And it's not like I'm reading good, godly articles. I often just go from blog to blog taking in the images. It's not something that will matter for eternity. In light of this verse, I want to number my days and make them count, to realize that each day matters to God and it should matter to us. We don't know how long we have, so we really should live each day with the Kingdom's gain as our goal. This is wise, as the psalm says.

How are you using your time today? Are you making each moment count for eternity or are you merely spending it frivolously?
A big thanks to Ali for creating the Monday Meditations logo. You're so generous with your time! Thank you again!

No comments: