What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Family Camp Day 3 Part 2

Below is my winning sack race- I look ridiculous, but it was a lot of fun! I find that when I'm doing any kind of activity and somebody snaps a picture of my, I'm making the silliest and oddest of faces. It makes it easier for people to put captions by the pictures I suppose! Some people can make goofy faces (Ali and my sister are two of them) and still look good! I don't get it! Oh well!
During the six-legged race Josiah K, Seth and Lance started off not quite ready and ended up rolling in the dirt and falling on one another- it was kinda funny! I could see that it wasn't for them when they came sputtering up in a cloud of dust, spitting dirt!
One of the funniest events of the afternoon was the bike races. It started out normal enough. The three youngest raced a few times around the trees. Then some of the older kids decided to give it a whirl. That was great in and of itself, but the best part was when Pat and Dave decided to try it! Here was Dave, pedaling a little pink bike with a lovely basket on the front and Pat behind him, trying to keep up and eventually taking a little short cut through the trees. I think I was laughing so hard I had tears! So funny!

The grand finale of the afternoon was the tug of war. The V.I.P.s against the Den of Knights! (Pretty ingenious name- combining the Knights and the Denny's names) We lost soundly, but we put up a good fight! Our fingers were burning and our knuckles red afterward. When that was over, we young ladies challenged the guys to a tug of war. We slightly outnumbered them (I think there were eight of us and five of them), but we beat them the first time! Then we decided to give them something to talk about!! After the "go" we counted to three, the boys pulling hard, not wanting to be beaten, and then we let go of the rope! It was pretty funny- not for the boys, of course, but they were good sports about it!

In the evening the V.I.P.s became the "Very Investigative Pilgrims" as we figured out clues for the treasure hunt. We didn't quite make it, but we were only a step behind the Den of Knights. It was a neat challenge. The clues were portions of scripture, so not only did we have to figure out what the clue was, but we had to figure out which part of the scripture was the clue word or words. It was hard (for me anyway)!

After the treasure hunt, we took our usually night time swim. We girls played chicken and then all of us played Marco Polo. There's something exciting about swimming in water at night when you can barely see what's going on! It brings out the little kid in you.

"But let him who glories, glory in this, that he knows and understands Me, that I am the LORD, exercising loving kindness, judgement and righteousness in the earth, for in these I delight," says the LORD.
~ Jeremiah 9:24 (Monday's verse)

2 comments:

Carolj said...

YOu let the boys go? LOL! OH...I'm glad they were good sports about it. :D

Newton said...

When Ty and I were at Sturbridge they had some stilts there that were a little higher than the ones you used and there was a sign that said that a teenage boy could keep pace with a carriage pulled by 4 horses! Isn't that crazy?!
It sounds like camp was a blast, I am very glad that you had a good time.