What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Choices

It is dreary outside and I feel miserable. My left ear is plugged and it feels like someone stuck a cotton ball in it, which reminds me of one of my favorite lines from Winnie-the-Pooh.

Rabit: Exactly what I feel! What do you feel Pooh?
Pooh: *snoring and whistling*
Piglet: Pooh
Pooh: huh?
Piglet: Haven't you been listening to what Rabbit's been saying?
Pooh: I listened, but then I had a small piece of fluff in my ear. Could you say it again please Rabbit?
Rabbit: Well, where should I start from?
Pooh: From the moment the fluff got in my ear.
Rabbit:Well, uh, when was that?
Pooh: I don't know, I couldn't hear properly.

That cracks me up everytime I hear it!! Anyway, It's feeling a bit like the doldrums around here today as I "can't hear properly" and am feeling like "death warmed over" as my great-grandmother used to say. I don't like being sick, but it is my own fault. Catching colds and flus and getting migraines is all about choices. I choose not to drink enough water and then I get a neckache and a migraine or my eye starts to bother me. I choose to eat sugar, stay up late and not get enough fresh air or exercise and I get the flu or this lovely cold! It really is my fault. Making smart choices is the best way to stay healthy. If you do all that you can to prevent a cold and you still get one, well then, at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that it is not your fault!!

I just thought I rant a bit, after all, even though I can't hear, I can still think. Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that part in Winnie the Pooh too. :)

Hope you feel better soon!