What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Monday, October 5, 2009

24 in 24

I've learned a good many lessons in the last twenty-four years of my life. God has been good to me- way way better than I deserve. Though I don't profess to be constantly walking in the light of these lessons, I do want to share a few of them with you. Twenty-four to be exact....

#24 One of the biggest blessings in life is having a church family that just loves being together!
#23 There is such joy in being an aunt that I hadn't even dared hope for!
# 22 Every friend that ever comes into your life leaves indelible fingerprints on your heart and is a tool that God uses to mold and shape your character.
#21 I want to be as hard-working as my father and self-sacrificing as my mother and share their devotion to Christ.
# 20 Pervasive beauty is not found in a pretty face or a nice appearance, but in a thankful and serving heart. 

# 19 Don't give up on prayer- you never know in what wonderful ways the Lord may answer them, even if they aren't answered the way you hoped they would.
#18 Manual labor and service is sure way to beat depression!
#17 Your family is a gift from God. Put time, love and care into them!
#16 It IS okay to say "no." (this is one lesson I have to have repeated over and over again)
#15 There's always just one more thing. We simply can't do EVERYTHING that we want to do in this life. That is part of what makes us yearn for Heaven.
#14 You'll never regret putting someone before yourself.
#13 Computers are useful tools, but watch out- they can be BIG time-wasters.
#12 Kids are the best cure for selfishness and vanity.
#11 Friends who encourage you, but are also willing to be honest with you are the true friends and worth their weight in gold!
#10 Sharp cheddar cheese and breton crackers are the most appealing couple in the world.
#9 Material possessions are alluring, but the best and truest treasure are not tangible or even on this earth!
#8 If I don't give the first fruits of my day to God in prayer and His Word.... it's NOT going to be a good day!
#7 Maturity is not as much about how you dress, talk or carry yourself as it is about how you respond to God, how you fulfill your responsibilities and how you treat the people around you.
#6 Make the most of the time you have with your brothers and/or sisters. You never know how soon your lives will change or how much you'll miss them!
#5 Don't be afraid to speak to someone new or try to make a visitor feel comfortable. Even if the words don't come out right or there are awkward silences, it will still mean something to them.
#4 If you think you are patient, get a puppy!
#3 Never neglect to ask someone for forgiveness, tell someone you love them, speak truth to someone and affirm someone verbally.
#2 Parents are like the watering cans that God uses to grow the children He's entrusted to them, all under the ray of His nourishing sunshine!
#1 Jesus Christ is ENOUGH for me! Not a day goes by that I don't realize how important it is to surrender to His will, trust in His power and glean from His word!

8 comments:

Samuel Barton said...

WOW...
those are great. Happy Birthday!! (sorry its a day late). ;-)

Samuel

Natasha said...

You are a great and trusted friend.

Happy Birthday!!!

Amanda said...

Thanks Tash! I love you lots and lots!
Thank you, Samuel! I didn't realize you had a blog. I'll put it on my blogroll! : )

Emily said...

Amanda what you say is so true! I thank God to have a friend like you.

Emily said...

No I did not mean to rhyme!

Hannah said...

You have wisdom beyond your years Amanda! I love all of the insights and reminders you post on your blog. I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with such a good Christian example and great friend! I hope you had an absolutenly-tootenly wonderful birthday. I love ya!

Jenna said...

amanda,
that was just wonderful to read. you are such an example of a godly young woman, and i am very blessed to be friends with you. I love you so much!

Amanda said...

Thanks Emmy-Lou, Banana and Benna! I love you all so much and I am SO thankful that God brought you into my life!