What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday Meditations



Let your conduct be without coveteousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."


~Hebrews 13:5





I didn't intentionally choose this verse, but it's rather providential! I just finished writing an article for a friend and the subject was contentment. God is so encouraging that way!





In meditating on this verse I concluded this: if you start with the last phrase in the verse and continue on, you will end up at the beginning. I know, that sounds rather vague, but I'll describe it better. If we remember that Jesus is with us always and will never abandon us, we will be content with that ongoing thought and therefore will have no need to act out of jelousy. All we need for contentment is to meditate on Christ and His provision for our lives.





Why should we want the things of the world when we have Him?

No comments: