What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Monday Meditations


Yeah, I know that it's Tuesday. I had every intention of posting this yesterday, but somehow I never got around to it! So, here it is:


If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat;
And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink;
For so you will heap coals of fire on his head,
and the LORD will reward you.
The north wind brings forth rain,
And a backbiting tongue an angry countenance.

~ Psalm 25:21-23


I don't know if any of you struggle with a temper? I certainly live up to my irish, slightly red-headed stereotype. Often I will be offended by something and hold it inside, then release it in nasty words to the person who offended me. All of my expressions and attitude becomes angry and then no one wants to be around me. Yuck. It is much better to let things roll off your back or confront the person right away and not let any bitter roots grow.


The first part of this verse is hard to do, but I have seen the effects. People who you consider enemies will be destroyed, so to speak, when you heap kindnesses on them. Recently there was a younger girl who didn't like me- I don't know if I annoyed her or she just didn't think I was cool enough for her or whatever. Anyway, she pretty much ignored me, even if I talked to her. The other day the Lord pressed it upon my heart to compliment her- sincerely. And so I did. Since then, she's talked to me and joked with me. It is so interesting. So, in essence, I destroyed a possible enemy and gained a friend. God is so incredible.


How can we destroy any enemies we might have today?

1 comment:

BonnieJ said...

Ugh, yes, a temper is so hard to deal with. It's so hard not only to contain the anger, but to have a good heart about it. It's not good to clench your jaw OR yell at people! I need to work on that tons :\

I tagged you:

*Link to the person that tagged you.
*Post the rules on your blog.
*Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
*Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
*Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.