What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
~ 2 Corinthians 9:15

Isn't Thanksgiving Day a wonderful Holiday? We can all be thankful that Sarah Hale continued to request this day of President Lincoln, or we might not be able to enjoy all of the fun things that go along with it!

I've always loved this day of celebration. Not just because of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade or the turkey with all the "fixins" or the Rose Bowl (in fact, I'm not really thankful for that! haha) or the time of visiting with friends and relatives or reading all sorts of great history books on the Pilgrims, Squanto and the very first Thanksgiving Feast. All of those things are just part of the festivities. They've become part of the holiday that people just enjoy. Thanksgiving is a day to celebrate the very thing that all believers should be doing EVERY DAY. Being grateful to God for all of His blessings and being able to share those blessings with the folks around them. What our world needs is a whole lot of thankfulness to push out the greed and materialism that plagues it- specifically our nation.

I need to remind myself daily that the Pilgrims came to our country to be able to worship God freely. That is something I should be on my knees thanking God for every day! He has allowed me to live in a place where I am able to learn about Him, speak about Him and live for Him without the state trying to control my worship and tyrannize the faith. Praise God! And even if they take that privilege away, it shouldn't take my thankfulness away. God saved me and loves me and I don't deserve it one bit!

So this Thanksgiving, apart from being thankful for my loving family, faithful friends and the ways the Lord has provided for me, I am most thankful for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and the Redemption of my sins by His death and resurrection. Though unworthy, I am His. Thank you for that Jesus!

How about you? What are you most thankful for this Thanksgiving Day?

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: