What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Family Camp Day 4

Tuesday was a pretty laid back day. We had our usual morning sessions and rounds of ping pong. After lunch we worked on our skits. Each family was to pick a passage from the Bible and set it to play-form. We chose the feeding of the five thousand. Rehersing our skit was so much fun! I don't think I've laughed that hard in a very long time- my stomach ached afterward!! Messing up my lines, Kayla re-reading parts over and over again, Ethan repeating his lines incorrectly, Dad trying to deepen his voice and over act while playing Jesus, mom's interesting attempts to be a blind woman- it was all too funny. (I guess we could say that Dad's version of Jesus was what William Shatner's would have been like- I thought you'd enjoy that Ali)

While walking to the shower room in the morning, Emily, Hannah and I came upon this lady slipper! So lovely. They are endangered and you can't find them just anywhere. I took Katie and Shay up to see it later. I'm so blessed by young ladies who appreciate and notice the little things in life as God's hand and His masterpieces!
In the evening, we played this great game called Mission Impossible. This game includes 2 riddle solvers per team and runners. There is a truck in the middle of the "playing field" in which there stands a person with a flashlight and a person holding the riddles. Runners must make it to the truck without being identified by the man with the flashlight (Pat). When they do, they get a clue from the riddle lady (Rhonda). Then you take the clue back to the riddle solvers. Once they solve a riddle you must take it back to the riddle lady without being caught by the man with the flashlight. And all of this is done in the dark! Got it?
So the Den of Knights chose Tammy and Josiah (D) as their riddle solvers. The VIPs (tonight we were the Very Invincible Pilgrims) chose George and Cindy. It was all a bit hard in the beginning because we weren't quite sure how to go about doing it, but we eventually discovered a grove of trees and ran to them and then made a mad dash for the truck. Well, I was so excited about this brilliant idea that I was chuckling to myself while running sneakily to the trees. Whilst I was doing so, I ran right into a low-hanging branch and fell flat on my back- yes, yes I know! Pride comes before the fall. Needless to say, I lay there on my back trying to supress a laugh, while sounding as if I was crying. It was great! Pat kept confusing Hannah and I for each other, so we kept making it to the truck for clues. The other team switched shirts everytime they came to the truck- this was a good idea and most of the time they were mistaken. They switched even to the point of Lance where Katie's sweater, which was about ten sizes too small for him- it came up to the middle of his torso and halfway up his arms- it was hilarious. Seth also wore Sarah's hoodie, not realizing till later that it was covered in a bunch of little hearts!! Poor mom- she kept getting caught and then laughing about it. I don't think she made it to the truck once! The last time she got caught she said, "well, I'm trading in my sorrows!" You could always tell when Josiah K was coming because you could hear the clomp, clomp, clomp of his skateboard shoes! In the end both teams ended up tieing, so we were each given the same clue and the team that figured it out first won. We gathered around and threw out our ideas, but in the end Banana girl (aka Hannah) firgured out the clue and we won! It was all terribly exciting! : )

No comments: