What's in a Name?

Ecstasy (n)- 2. Excessive joy; rapture; a degree of delight that arrests the whole mind; joy may rise to ecstasy. (Websters 1828 Dictionary)
Doldrums (n)- A sate of inactivity or stagnation.(Dictionary.com)

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Family Camp Day 5 part 1

On Wednesday we had our big ping pong/foosball tournaments. Kayla and I played as a team against Sarah and Katie and it was soooo much fun! I don't even like foosball, but we all kept missing the ball or hitting it into our own goals. We were in hysterics laughing (well, at least I was)! Katie and Sarah won, but I think it was the closest game I played! That was only because of Kayla, though. Then I played Hannah in woman's singles foosball- I was soundly beat. Enough said. I think Hannah was the runner up or maybe she won, I can't remember. Kayla and I played against each other in ping pong and I did alright, but Kayla beat me. Needless to say, there were no candy bars for little old moi!



That's ok, though, cause I have this wedding that I need to be able to fit into a dress for, don't ya know!


Most of the people in our church like to play games and even if they don't, they are good sports about it and join in when we're doing group activities! There is certainly the risk of making a fool of oneself when playing these sorts of games, but hey, it keeps us humble and everyone else laughing!

Here's Marissa's thumbs up! I think this is such a cool picture- John-boy took it, along with several other goofy pictures! Aren't digital cameras great?

1 comment:

Josie said...

I've loved your reports of family camp. It seems like it was so much fun. I'm thrilled that you guys are blessed with such a wonderful week. Here's to many more years to come!